Sport Type Ping Pong
Skill Level Professional
Age Range (Description) Adults
JOOLA Omega Strata Ping Pong Paddles are focused on more economical ping pong paddles with all of the required features to improving one’s game. The series is aimed at more casual players who want to improve their skills by mastering the fundamental strokes.
We’ll go through the entire JOOLA Omega Strata review in this post. This is arguably the most versatile racket in the Omega series from JOOLA. The Omega Strata excels in every way and offers players a high-quality ping pong paddle at an affordable price.
Unlike the Omega Control, which focuses on control, the Omega Strata focuses on the spin – yet it still boasts respectable speed and control figures. This Ping Pong Paddle is designed for recreational to intermediate players who have a good grasp of technique and the fundamentals.
For this evaluation, we’ll concentrate on the most important aspects of every ping pong paddle, namely the blade, the rubber, the handle, and the paddle’s specialty. The Omega Strata is a more versatile paddle than the Omega Control, with substantially more speed.
As a result, we suggest the Omega Strata to intermediate players who have mastered the fundamentals and are progressing to more attacking strokes. We don’t suggest this paddle to novices who don’t yet have the skills to properly control the ball.
The Omega Strata sports a 5-ply genuine wood blade made up of three distinct types of wood to produce a high-quality blade. The blade is made of the following woods:
- This wood is more agile and rigid, making it ideal for speedier blocks and rapid counterattacks.
- Ayous (precise control): Ayous is a lightweight and elastic wood that is used in several all-around blades. This wood is ideal for players who want to keep the ball in play for as long as possible.
- Kiri (vibration reduction): This wood is light yet firm enough to decrease vibrations when in contact with the ball.
The combination of these woods is ideal for attacking players who want to put a lot of topspin on the ball and respond fast. The Kiri wood also reduces vibrations when the ball makes contact, allowing for more precise control. The blade is designed for all-around performance because all woods have a part in the paddle.
The paddle weighs 163 grams, making it heavy but comfortable. Overall, this is a high-quality blade, and JOOLA has used its preferred woods for the construction. These woods have consistently supplied players with consistent performance and durability, which is why JOOLA frequently uses them in their builds. These woods have a notable impact on all of the required characteristics in ping pong paddles.
The JOOLA Omega Strata is made using JOOLA’s inverted Riff 34 rubber. The pips-in rubber is noted for its extreme tackiness, which allows players to apply incredible spin to the ball. The Omega Strata is the most well-known of the three Omega models for its spin, which is ideal for offensive topspin or deceptive sidespin.
The rubber’s sponge thickness is 2.0mm, which is somewhat thicker than the Omega Control’s. The thicker a sponge is, the more spring it will apply when struck, resulting in increased speed. A thick sponge also allows players to apply more spin to the ball.
The only minor disadvantage of using a thicker sponge is that, owing to the increased speed, it may be more difficult to control the ball at first. Both sides of the rubbers are black, giving the paddle a sophisticated appearance. Overall, we think the Riff 34 rubber is a good match for the Omega Strata blade. It’s an all-around rubber with a strong concentration on the spin that’ll make a difference in your strokes.
The JOOLA Omega Strata Ping Pong Paddles has a traditional flared handle that is ideal for those who employ the Shakehand grip. This handle is ergonomic, which means it was created with efficiency and comfort in mind. The flared handle is a popular choice among JOOLA’s paddle designs, and it’s well recognized for its comfort.
Comfort, as well as performance, is a top focus for JOOLA. The Omega Strata handle is available in three distinct colors: light blue, orange, and purple. Each color has a distinct pattern and style, giving the paddle a distinct personality.
Superior Quality and Durability 5 Ply Real Wood:
Only the best materials, Koto, Ayous, and Kiri, are blended to produce the ideal combination for improved speed, spin, and control. It is Perfect for the game area in the family. Both sides of the JOOLA Riff 34 Ping Pong Rubber are included. Ping pong balls are not included.
This is a great present for someone who already has a JOOLA ping pong table, whether indoors or outside. The Omega rackets from JOOLA are designed for recreational players who want to take their game to the next level. The last racket in the series, the Strata, features pips-in JOOLA Riff 34 rubber on both sides with a sponge thickness of 2.0mm, allowing for a more aggressive game. At lower speeds, the softer sponge produces greater spin.
The blade is a 5-ply Koto, Ayous, and Kiri wood combination:
- Koto wood is agile and stiffer because of its diffuse-porous end-grain, helping the player to generate quicker blocks and counters.
- Ayous is the core of many all-around blades since it is lightweight, solid, and elastic. Wearing out opponents is crucial for players who wish to retain the ball in play.
- Kiri wood is light yet strong enough to dampen vibrations when the racket makes contact with the ball. For many offensive blades, it is called the “breath of life.”
This combination of woods is ideal for attacking players who wish to limit their opponent’s playstyle with rapid counters while also having the ability to use huge top-spin. The flared handle allows for a more comfortable grip and improved control while returning strokes to opponents.
- Koto (quick counterattack), Ayous (perfect control), and Kiri are all 5-ply genuine wood combinations (reduced vibration).
- Performance Evaluations (0-100) – Control is rated 91, Speed is rated 90, Spin is rated 93.
- Riff 34 rubber with a sponge thickness of 2.0mm from Pips-in.
- For aggressive players who aim to use rapid counters and tremendous topspin to limit their opponent’s playstyle.
- Light blue, orange, or purple color choices are available.
- The blade is made of 5 ply genuine wood.
- Quick counterattacks are what Koto is all about.
- Ayous is a word that means “perfect control.”
- Kiri – vibration has been decreased.
- The blade is designed to function well in all situations.
- The paddle weighs 163 grams, so it’s not too heavy.
- Rubber Riff 34 has a sticky surface for spinning.
- The sponge is 2.0mm thick, which is ideal for spin and speed.
- It’s ideal for topspin.
- Shakehand grip users will like the flared handle.
- There are a variety of color choices.
- Extremely cost-effective.
- It’s a little heavier than Omega Control, so it could take some time to get used to.
- More blade speed – may be difficult to control for inexperienced players.
- Thicker sponge – initially, it may be more difficult to handle.
- For Penhold grip users, the flared handle isn’t suitable.
JOOLA Omega Strata Ping Pong Paddles from Joola is designed for recreational players who want to take their game to the next level. The last racket in the series, the Joola Omega Strata, is made with pips-in Joola Riff 34 rubber on both sides and a sponge thickness of 2.0mm, allowing for a more attacking game.
At lower speeds, the softer sponge produces greater spin. It’s the ideal ping-pong racket for aggressive players looking to perform fast counter-attacks with a lot of top spins. The flared handle provides a secure grip and improved control while returning strokes.
Another of our favorite JOOLA constructions is the Omega Strata. It excels in every way and gives players a terrible ability to spin the ball. There aren’t many all-around paddles in this price range that can compete with the Omega Strata.